Union Branch Baptist Church is seeking an experienced part-time Administrative Assistant to provide a variety of administrative and clerical duties. The Administrative Assistant supports our pastor and various leaders in the daily operations of the church. This position is a part-time role averaging 28 hours a week, which does not offer benefits.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated with a professional demeanor, a strong work ethic, and excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong computer skills are needed to include proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. He/she must be able to mult-task, be proactive in anticipating church needs with meetings and other events, as well as flexibility with the day to day operations.
- Oversee the daily administrative operations of the church ensuring business is conducted in a efficient and friendly manner. This includes receptionist duties such as answering calls and directing visitors.
- Create weekly church bulletin, special programs, events and flyers.
- Maintain church calendar to include activities, meetings, and various services. Also update church website with these activities.
- Organize and schedule appointments.
- Proven 3 -4 years of administrative assistant work experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite programs – Excel, Outlook, Word, Powerpoint).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- High school diploma.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume to UBBCHR@comcast.net.
Minister of Music
Union Branch Baptist Church is seeking an experienced full-time Minister of Music. The Minister of Music is responsible for the organization, development, implementation, and leadership of the Music Ministry. The Minister of Music will report directly to the Senior Pastor and carry out the vision and mission of the church.
- Overseer of all aspects of the Music Ministry at Union Branch Baptist Church to include worship and the arts
- Supervise all staff and volunteers in the Music Ministry
- Prepare and execute music for Sunday Worship Services and other special services such as church engagements, mid-week services, revivals, etc. according to the vision of the Pastor
- Recruit, equip, motivate, supervise, and coach music team leaders, musicians, and music ministry members
- Maintain music materials, supplies and equipment
- Develop musical teams and ensembles for services
- Review and recommend financial needs for the Music Ministry following established church procedures, and be responsible for managing the expenditures within the budget
- Encourage the use of other musical instruments in the worship experience
- Develop the gifts and talents of young musicians
- Develop a praise team
- Must be a baptized believer and follower of Jesus Christ!!!
- Must be well versed in Baptist doctrine, but still able to flow with the Holy Spirit
- Demonstrated proficiency in reading music and playing by ear
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor volunteer musicians
- Demonstrated ability to organize, coordinate, and motivate musicians and technical team members
- Be able to demonstrate proficiency with both the keyboard and organ
- Bachelor’s degree in music and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to UBBCHR@comcast.net